I thought I'd do a quick post updating my progress on my cosplay for this years Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo. I decided to go with Lulu from Final Fantasy X this year as she is a character I love and I thought it would be a great challenge. I am making this costume mostly from scratch and have been working on it bit by bit since about December. It's taken quite some time to do the planning stages as well as collecting all the materials I need, particularly the massive amount of belts needed. I have also managed to get almost everything I need locally, which is awesome because I love supporting local businesses. The only things I have had to get online are my wig and contacts (currently on order). Here's the progress with just 36 days to go!
What's left on the to do list?
- paint and attach lace trim to train
- cut out belt skirt base and attach belts with glue and zip ties for added strength
- add 2 tiers of boning to the belt skirt for added stability, ease of movement and weight distribution
- add velcro to edges of overskirt to attach to belt skirt
- add belts to sleeves
- construct the 4 hairsticks and add to the wig (once it arrives)
- find some purple lipstick
Wish me luck!