Staying Shiny

My life as a Uber-geek in a Bridal world

Looking Forward.



Eleven days.  Eleven days, 14 hours and 50 some minutes to be exact.  That's how long I have to wait until the next series of Doctor Who.  I am so excited I can hardly wait. I have been trying really hard not to read to many spoilers on the net, but I have been looking at a lot of behind the scenes and preview stuff.  I am most excited for Episode 4 entitled "The Doctor's Wife" as it was written by one of my favorite authors, Neil Gaiman.  I came across a quote that Neil said regarding Doctor Who and I think it sums up the show perfectly.

"No, look! There’s a blue box, it’s bigger on the inside, it can go anywhere in space and time, sometimes even where it’s supposed to. There’s a bloke in the box, he’s called ‘The Doctor’ and when he gets where he’s going there’s going to be a problem and he’ll try to solve it and he’ll probably succeed because he’s awesome. Now shut up and go watch ‘Blink."


On another note... I found feathers today for my costume.  Now they aren't exactly what I wanted, but they will do.  I really wanted coque feathers but they are impossible to find here and I'm a little leary of ordering them online because I'm afraid I won't get what I thought I was going to get.  I settled for hackles but at least they are the right color and don't look like cheap craft feathers.  Now is the hard part, I have to separate them and re-string them mixing the red in with the black and then attaching them to the corset.  I'm glad I have a couple of months to do this.





0 comments:

Post a Comment