Staying Shiny

My life as a Uber-geek in a Bridal world

A Dream Fulfilled

It has always been a dream of mine to attend DragonCon, not for the convention itself, but for one man who is a fixture at that convention.  He is one of my favorite artists and his works adorn every room in my house. I have a huge collection of prints, lithographs, books, comics, cards and figures.  J has tracked me down rarities and autographs by him for years, in fact his first gift to me was a graphic novel by this artist.  Who is this man you ask.  Joseph Micheal Linsner.  And he's coming to the Con I have tickets for.

This picture perfectly illustrates why I love his work.  This is his greatest character.  She is called Dawn and she's the Goddess.  If any comic woman deserves to be perfect it would be her, after all she is a god.  Here is where JML differs from all the other artists out there.  Look closely at this picture.  There are a few very striking things about it that make it stand out from all the other comic book females out there.  My favorite little detail, the little crease at her tummy.  I also love that her breasts look real.  Not pointing to the sky at impossible angles or so big that she couldn't possibly stand up.  He has this amazing eye for the female form and creates images that just make me happy.  I can't wait to meet him and maybe even see if he'll do a sketch for me.  I came eerily close to abandoning my costume when I found this out yesterday so I  could do the Dawn and Death costumes J and I always talked about doing, but there simply isn't enough time to do them right.

We'll still do this someday and maybe even do it at DragonCon in the Dawn look-a-like contest, but for now I am just happy to get the chance to shake his hand.

0 comments:

Post a Comment