Staying Shiny

My life as a Uber-geek in a Bridal world

A big loss for all Whovians



It is with great sadness that I write this.  I just found out that actress Elisabeth Sladen has passed away.  She will forever be remembered for her role as Sarah Jane Smith on Doctor Who.  She has the honor of being the only one of the Doctor's companions to span multiple Doctors and spawn her own show, The Sarah Jane Adventures.  Elisabeth Sladen first joined the world of Doctor Who when John Pertwee played the Doctor (1973) and continued on with Tom Baker taking over the role.  She played Sarah Jane until 1983, reprising the role in a few specials until rejoining the relaunched cast and eventually getting her own show. I loved the Sarah Jane Adventures.  Elisabeth Sladen created a masterful character with Sarah Jane and will truely be missed.  I loved Sarah Jan'e strength and independence.  I believed that she could solve intergalactic problems and I saw her love of the Doctor.  I loved how they brought her character back and showed what the Doctor's legacy is on those he has left behind.  I am very sad that she will no longer be traveling with the Doctor, but I wish her safe travels through the stars for eternity.

The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it’s a world, or a relationship… Everything has its time. And everything ends.” - Sarah Jane Smith

0 comments:

Post a Comment