Staying Shiny

My life as a Uber-geek in a Bridal world

It's official

So it's finally official.  I have been working as acting manager at work since the last manager went on maternity leave in December, but today I was officially made manager.  Not that that changes much with my job, but it did come with a nice raise and the promotion of another girl to the position of supervisor to help me out and take some of the load off of me since I will still be retaining my other position as Head of Alterations.  The owner also has named managers for our 2 other stores as well since the other Manager will be going on Maternity leave next month as well.  It's nice to finally have all of this figured out so we can start to get back into a routine at work.

In other work related news... I'm feeling pretty good about myself right now.  It's not too often that we get requests for specific consultants at work when people book appointments but it's not unheard of.  Most of the time it's because the Bride is a friend of someone who works there and wants them to help.  When I went into work today I saw that I had 7 appointments booked specifically with me for this week alone.  That is a really large number of requests!  To top it off, I don't personally know any of these people but they all asked for me because someone else (in most cases a past bride of mine) has referred them to me.  I had my first 2 appointments today and they both found gowns.  It's nice to know that our customers appreciate my work.

Here's hoping things are starting to look up some more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment